Winterfest® Deco Dream Get-Away Contest (“Sweepstakes”)
BY FILLING OUT THIS FORM OR TEXTING TO ENTER THIS CONTEST – I have agreed to the Official Rules of this Contest and have authorized the above information to be placed in this database and used for Winterfest purposes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Data rates may apply. Data plans may not be available through all wireless carriers. Message & Data rates may apply when you text to enter the contest, verify eligibility and confirm entry.
- Eligibility: Winterfest® Deco Dream Get-Away Contest (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Florida who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate or win prizes: employees, agents, immediate families (spouses, children, household members) of Winterfest, Inc., Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, WSVN – Channel 7, Southwest Airlines Co., their divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising or promotion agencies, printers and suppliers, judging or fulfillment organizations, or auditing or legal firms involved with this promotion, or any family member of, or any person residing in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories.
No person who has won any prize in any prior Winterfest® Deco Dream Get-Away Contest is eligible to win any prize in this 2018 Sweepstakes. Winners will be required to show proof of eligibility.
Employees of Winterfest®, Inc., nor any of their agents involved in the collection of entrants or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee or agent, are not eligible.
The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable state, Federal and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Winterfest® Inc. 512 Northeast 3rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301. Southwest Airlines Co. is not a sponsor, co-sponsor or administrator of this Sweepstakes.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on November 13, 2018, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 9, 2018, at 4 p.m. EST (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Entries via fax or mail must be received on or before 5:00 pm (EST) on December 6, 2018, to be uploaded electronically. All winners will be announced on December 10, 2018, in Miami during the WSVN / Channel 7 – Deco Drive television studio production in Miami, Florida, or by its representatives. Participants need not be present on the show to win. Winners may not substitute or transfer all or any portion of any prize.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes via the following methods:
From the Winterfest® Deco Dream Get-Away Contest Displays in the select tri-county Total Wine & Spirits, select Publix Super Markets and other locations which distribute Winterfest brochures and Contest Posters (Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade):
Use your smart phone or other web-enabled device to be directed to the Sweepstakes entry page at https://winterfestparade.com/sweepstakes.
Contestants can also text to win. Use your two-way text-messaging capable device to text “DECO” to 23000. Message and Data rates may apply. Text “STOP” to 23000 to stop receiving text messages. Text “HELP” to 23000 for help information. Upon receipt of your text message, you will receive a reply text with a link to view these rules (Sweepstakes page URL, www.winterfestparade.com/sweepstakes.
One (1) entry into the Sweepstakes per phone number when entering via text message or email address.
Each text message, sent or received, may incur a charge as provided in your rate plan. Message and data rates may apply. If you participate via text message, you will receive at least one (1) text message in response to your participation. Text-messaging may not be available through all wireless carriers and in all areas.
Entrants who enter the Sweepstakes via a QRcode(s) or participate via text-messaging on their phone or other web-enabled device may be charged according to their carriers’ data rate or text-messaging plans; entrants should contact their carriers for pricing details. Data plans, text-messaging, or QRcode(s) scanning applications may not be available through all wireless carriers or phones. Limit: Each person may enter one (1) time ONLY during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or phone number. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Entry Forms: To have an official entry form mailed to you, call Winterfest® at (954) 767-0686.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Drawings: The potential winners will be notified by the email or phone number provided as part of his/her Sweepstakes registration page. Email and phone number must be valid, or potential winner may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential Grand and First Prize winners will be required to submit proof of Florida residency and that they are over 21 years of age within two (2) days after being notified, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to submit the Declaration within the required time period (if applicable), potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Second and Third Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 2-3 days after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
Winterfest® and its sponsors reserve the right to substitute all or any portion of any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All determinations shall be made by Winterfest® and its decisions are final and binding with respects to all aspects of this Sweepstakes.
Grand Prize (one winner) – A three (3) night / (4) Days vacation for two (2) at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Cancun, Mexico. Round-trip air travel on Southwest Airlines® for winner and one (1) guest from the closest major U.S. airport to the winner’s residence served by Southwest Airlines to Cancun, Mexico – CUN (subject to Air Travel Restrictions set forth below) Resort Taxes and other applicable charges or fees not included. The prize is subject to restrictions on dates of availability and blackout dates. Winner must comply with the complete terms and conditions of the prize. *Value – Approximately $1,800.00.
1st Prize (one winner) – Two (2) tickets on the 2018 Winterfest® Grand Marshal Showboat *Value – Approximately $600.00.
2nd Prize (one winner) – Two (2) tickets to the 2018 Winterfest® Grand Marshal Reception *Value – Approximately $400.00.
3rd Prize (three winners) – Two (2) tickets to the 2018 Winterfest® Grandstand Viewing Area powered by South Florida Ford / One (1) Winterfest Shirt *Value –Approximately $60.00
- Expenses not set forth above are the responsibility of the winner. No substitutions; cash equivalents; or transfers of the prize will be permitted; except at the option and sole discretion of the Sponsor. Grand Prize is subject to all applicable travel restrictions; availability of lodging at time of booking; hotel blackout dates; availability of services offered and other criteria. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above; including but not limited to; meals; personal charges at lodging; security fees; taxes; gratuities or other expenses or incidentals are the responsibility solely of winner. Winner and travel companion must travel at the same time and must depart from the same city. Travel arrangements must be made upon acceptance of prize; at the discretion of the Sponsor and are subject to availability. Travel restrictions; conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets; travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor may substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Limit one prize per household.
- Air Travel Restrictions: Air travel is subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply. Round trip travel for two (2) on Southwest Airlines will be awarded in the form of four (4) Southwest flight e-passes. Each Southwest flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel on Southwest Airlines-operated, published, scheduled service. The Southwest flight e-pass will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date. The Southwest flight e-pass is not valid on interline or codeshare service. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-refundable and is not redeemable for cash or credit. The Southwest flight e-pass will not be replaced for any reason, including, without limitation, if lost, stolen, or fraudulently used. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-transferrable and cannot be sold to a third party. Sale, auction, or re-tendering of the Southwest flight e-pass for money or otherwise is strictly prohibited. The Southwest flight e-pass may not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved by Southwest Airlines. Any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, misuse, abuse or violation of the Southwest flight e-pass rules and regulations may result in cancellation of the Southwest flight e-pass(es). Southwest flight e-pass holders are required to be nineteen (19) years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident. However, the recipient of a Southwest flight e-pass may arrange travel for another person if done without selling or bartering a Southwest flight e-pass. Air transportation by Southwest Airlines is subject to Southwest Airlines’ Passenger Contract of Carriage set out at www.southwest.com/contractofcarriage. If the winner does not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines, he/she is responsible for transportation to and from the nearest airport served by Southwest Airlines. The winner is responsible for booking all travel and paying all applicable international taxes and fees. Travel is based on seat availability. Seats on any desired flight are not guaranteed. Winner and guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Winner and guest must have valid government-issued photo identification at the time of travel. If the travel guest is a minor, winner must be his/her parent/guardian, or be accompanied by his/her parent/guardian. Air travel does not include taxes and fees of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Winterfest®, Inc., Sponsors, Administrators and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Broward County Court located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
- Winner List: For a winner list, visit winterfestparade.com. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete. To receive a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with the specific written request, to: Winterfest®, Inc., Attn: Deco Sweepstakes, 512 N.E. 3rd Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301. All such requests must be received by Winterfest® on or before January 12, 2019.
Recap of the 2017 Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade.
It is looking like Winterfest with the start of the Parade’s Boat Committee Meetings. We are happy to announce our 2018 host location – Lauderdale Yacht Club. If you would like to be involved with the “Greatest Show on H2O” – please contact Kathy at the Winterfest office. 954-767-0686.
Home of the Parade’s Boat Committee Meetings!
Lauderdale Yacht Club was founded in 1938 and is located in the Heart of Sunny Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Home to one of the most elite junior sailing programs in the nation, LYC continues to strive in our endeavor to invest in the Youth of the Community, who are interested in Seamanship. In addition to Sailing, the Club has a wide variety of Social Events, Fine Dining, Marina, a Thriving Tennis Program, Junior Olympic Swimming Pool and much more. Members at Lauderdale Yacht Club enjoy an elegant lifestyle with exceptional service that offers traditional and family friendly values.
For more information about our Club and its amenities contact our Membership & Communications Director, Michelle Metzger at email@example.com.
Life is Why! Join me, Lisa Scott-Founds, President & CEO of Winterfest, Inc. in supporting the American Heart Association! Please join me as I walk and cheer on my fellow Heartwalkers. Imagine April 22nd as the day we strive to reduce death and disability from cardiovascular diseases and stroke
Go Back In Time with the Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade
Parade Date: December 15, 2018 with the theme: “Best of the 80s”
Video Flashback courtesy of Hotwire Communications: https://youtu.be/X7WRofAFbyc
BOATERS: Join The Biggest 80s Party on the Water!
Boater “Dudes / Dudettes”—
We want to welcome you to the “Rad” Winterfest Family and join the Parade on December 15, 2018 when we “Like Totally” go back in time!
Enter your decorated boat for only $35* (* privately owned / no advertising) on our website: https://winterfestparade.com/parade-application
Want to advertise your business? Entry fees start at only $250.00
Don’t want to decorate? Consider teaming up with a nonprofit organization to create a “Fresh” entry OR be a “ Totally Tubular” Control Boat on Parade night.
For more information, visit: https://winterfestparade.com/events/control-boat-meeting
Questions? Don’t be “wiggin’ out”! Call Winterfest: 954-767-0686
The best and brightest were spotlighted this week at the Southeast Festivals and Events Association’s Kaleidoscope Awards, in Murfreesboro, TN on February 26th. The ceremony was held in conjunction with the 15th Annual SFEA Conference. Top festivals and events throughout the southeast were recognized for their outstanding contribution to the events industry.
“The quality of submissions continues to increase each year making it more difficult for the judges to select the winners,” noted Brenda Pierce, executive director for SFEA. “Of course, to ‘win gold,’ becomes all the sweeter when there is additional competition and the recognition a festival receives for winning is priceless.”
The name “kaleidoscope” was selected due to the colors in the logo image that represent the many different elements and facets within festivals and events. A call for entries was posted last fall and all southeast festivals and events were encouraged to participate. A panel of experts in event planning, marketing and tourism spent an entire day reviewing the entries from eight states. The judges looked for originality, creativity, media impact, volunteer programs, and the overall impact to the community.
Winterfest, Inc. producers of the Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade – the World’s Most Watch Boat Parade – headquartered in Broward County, Florida, won in multiple Kaleidoscope Award Categories. The 2017 Winterfest poster painted by local Fort Lauderdale artist, April Renee Kirk, won silver in the promotional poster division. The Parade’s television commercials produced by WSVN, Channel 7, won Bronze and the Winterfest Black Tie Ball digital invitation won Silver produced by Blue Truck Media, Inc.
The Kaleidoscope Awards were sponsored by Classic Tents & Events, Norcross, GA and Pit Stop Portable Restroom Company, Marietta, GA. Classic Tents’ representative Karen Alcock and Pit Stop representatives Brett and Amanda Roques presented the awards to the winners.