FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 2017 – Winterfest announced the 46th Annual Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade theme of “Broadway on Parade” at their recent board turnover on the Sun Dream Yacht – Catalina. Winterfest, Inc., a Florida not-for-profit organization known for producing “The World’s Most Watched Boat Parade,” also inducted their 2017 / 2018 executive board and new board members.
The Catalina, docked along the Parade route, was the perfect setting for the new board installation and announcement of this year’s theme. Past Chairman of the Board, Jim Dunn, Vice President of JM Lexus, handed over the gavel to Ben Wesley, External Affairs Manager for FPL.
“The 2017 / 2018 Winterfest Board has a fresh new direction,” said Lisa Scott-Founds, Winterfest President & CEO. “As we embark on our 46th Parade year, Winterfest continues to look for a twist of the unexpected. Many committees are already working on ideas with our Broadway theme for the Parade and other events during the Celebration. Winterfest is proud of our close relationship with Broadway Across America and it seemed fitting to showcase this relationship on the water.”
The Winterfest board of directors is composed of 50 business leaders who serve as spokespeople for this South Florida signature event. The new board installation will commence for a one year term.
2017 Officers include:
- CHAIRMAN: Ben Wesley, FPL External Affairs Manager
- CHAIR ELECT: Susan Renneisen, Vice President of Community Affairs, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- TREASURER: Ken Ortner, President, Kenneth A. Ortner, P.A.
- CO-COUNSEL: Robyn Vines, Attorney at Gray Robinson Attorneys at Law
Johnny Williams, Managing Partner, ProMotion Sports & Entertainment, LLC
- SECRETARY: Lisa Duke, CFO, Walter Duke + Partners
- BOAT PARADE CHAIR / ASST. TREASURER: Mark Swenson, Vice President – Wealth Management, UBS Financial Services, Inc. – The Garvin Financial Team
New Board Members:
- Kim Butler, Vice President Marketing Communications, Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors (photo not available)
- Jason Cotter, Food and Beverage Director, Riverside Hotel (photo not available)
- Harold Gubnitsky, CEO, ProcessMAP
- Shira Kastan Goldstein, Associate Vice President Strategic Relations, University of Miami Health System
- Tommy Knapp, Baseball to Business Program, Miami Marlins
- Alex Parker, Senior Manager, Partnership Activation, Miami Dolphins (photo not available)
- Kim Sweers, Managing Partner, FB Marine Group
- Karla Thatcher, Director of Public Relations & Community Affairs, Hotwire Communications
New Advisory Members:
- Michael Baer, Regional Sales Director, Edrington Americas
- Kelty Heilman, Senior Programming Manager, Fox Sports Florida/Fox Sports Sun
- Britt Lanier, Owner, Two Men and a Truck (photo not available)
- Connie Loewenthal, Senior Account Executive, iHeartMedia (photo not available)
The involvement of this diverse board, enhances awareness of the Boat Parade and other Winterfest events in the community. For more information, photos and a complete list of Winterfest Board and Advisory Members, visit winterfestparade.com or call 954-767-0686.
# # #
About Winterfest, Inc.
Winterfest is a Florida not-for-profit organization based in Broward County that produces a variety of events including the free public event known as the Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade – “The World’s Most Watched Boat Parade.” Approximately one million spectators view the Parade on the 12-mile route along with millions more via television and the internet bringing National and International recognition to South Florida. Winterfest also hosts annual events to enhance the community’s image and provide unique, wholesome family entertainment. For more information on Winterfest, please contact the office at (954) 767-0686 or their website: www.winterfestparade.com.
About Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale’s world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. As South Florida’s premier entertainment destination, Seminole Hard Rock hosts top-name acts at its 5,500–seat Hard Rock Live concert arena and offers more than 100 table games, 2,000 of the most popular slots and a stand-alone poker room. Fine dining options include Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, the resort’s signature steakhouse, and Kuro, a luxe and socially vibrant restaurant offering new-style Japanese cuisine. The resort also features contemporary and casual eateries, including Blue Plate, the hotel’s 24-hour diner-inspired restaurant; Constant Grind, a gourmet coffee and pastry shop; and the ever-famous Hard Rock Cafe – Hollywood, part of Hard Rock’s 155 globally recognized rock ‘n’ roll restaurants.
For more information, call 954-327-ROCK or 800-937-0010, visit us online at www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com or follow us on Facebook: @SeminoleHardRockHollywood, Twitter: @HardRockHolly, Instagram: @HardRockHollyPosted on