Recap of the 2017 Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade.
It is looking like Winterfest with the start of the Parade’s Boat Committee Meetings. We are happy to announce our 2018 host location – Lauderdale Yacht Club. If you would like to be involved with the “Greatest Show on H2O” – please contact Kathy at the Winterfest office. 954-767-0686.
Home of the Parade’s Boat Committee Meetings!
Lauderdale Yacht Club was founded in 1938 and is located in the Heart of Sunny Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Home to one of the most elite junior sailing programs in the nation, LYC continues to strive in our endeavor to invest in the Youth of the Community, who are interested in Seamanship. In addition to Sailing, the Club has a wide variety of Social Events, Fine Dining, Marina, a Thriving Tennis Program, Junior Olympic Swimming Pool and much more. Members at Lauderdale Yacht Club enjoy an elegant lifestyle with exceptional service that offers traditional and family friendly values.
For more information about our Club and its amenities contact our Membership & Communications Director, Michelle Metzger at email@example.com.
Life is Why! Join me, Lisa Scott-Founds, President & CEO of Winterfest, Inc. in supporting the American Heart Association! Please join me as I walk and cheer on my fellow Heartwalkers. Imagine April 22nd as the day we strive to reduce death and disability from cardiovascular diseases and stroke
Go Back In Time with the Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade
Parade Date: December 15, 2018 with the theme: “Best of the 80s”
Video Flashback courtesy of Hotwire Communications: https://youtu.be/X7WRofAFbyc
BOATERS: Join The Biggest 80s Party on the Water!
Boater “Dudes / Dudettes”—
We want to welcome you to the “Rad” Winterfest Family and join the Parade on December 15, 2018 when we “Like Totally” go back in time!
Enter your decorated boat for only $35* (* privately owned / no advertising) on our website: https://winterfestparade.com/parade-application
Want to advertise your business? Entry fees start at only $250.00
Don’t want to decorate? Consider teaming up with a nonprofit organization to create a “Fresh” entry OR be a “ Totally Tubular” Control Boat on Parade night.
For more information, visit: https://winterfestparade.com/events/control-boat-meeting
Questions? Don’t be “wiggin’ out”! Call Winterfest: 954-767-0686
The best and brightest were spotlighted this week at the Southeast Festivals and Events Association’s Kaleidoscope Awards, in Murfreesboro, TN on February 26th. The ceremony was held in conjunction with the 15th Annual SFEA Conference. Top festivals and events throughout the southeast were recognized for their outstanding contribution to the events industry.
“The quality of submissions continues to increase each year making it more difficult for the judges to select the winners,” noted Brenda Pierce, executive director for SFEA. “Of course, to ‘win gold,’ becomes all the sweeter when there is additional competition and the recognition a festival receives for winning is priceless.”
The name “kaleidoscope” was selected due to the colors in the logo image that represent the many different elements and facets within festivals and events. A call for entries was posted last fall and all southeast festivals and events were encouraged to participate. A panel of experts in event planning, marketing and tourism spent an entire day reviewing the entries from eight states. The judges looked for originality, creativity, media impact, volunteer programs, and the overall impact to the community.
Winterfest, Inc. producers of the Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade – the World’s Most Watch Boat Parade – headquartered in Broward County, Florida, won in multiple Kaleidoscope Award Categories. The 2017 Winterfest poster painted by local Fort Lauderdale artist, April Renee Kirk, won silver in the promotional poster division. The Parade’s television commercials produced by WSVN, Channel 7, won Bronze and the Winterfest Black Tie Ball digital invitation won Silver produced by Blue Truck Media, Inc.
The Kaleidoscope Awards were sponsored by Classic Tents & Events, Norcross, GA and Pit Stop Portable Restroom Company, Marietta, GA. Classic Tents’ representative Karen Alcock and Pit Stop representatives Brett and Amanda Roques presented the awards to the winners.
A Little Holiday Fun from the Winterfest Team: Chairman of the Board – Ben Wesley, Parade Chair – Mark Swenson, President & CEO – Lisa Scott-Founds, Event Director – Dawn Read and Marketing & Parade Director – Kathy Keleher.
Happy Holidays and mark the Parade date for next year: December 15, 2018
This Video was created by Elf Yourself!
Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade is one of the winners of the category in the USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice travel award contest. http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-holiday-parade-2017/.
The top ten winners in this category are as follows:
- Mummers Parade
- America’s Thanksgiving Parade
- Mayor’s Annual Christmas Parade
- Eastport Yacht Club Lights Parade
- Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Reston Holiday Parade
- Christmas Ship Parade
- Holiday Boat Parade of Lights
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade
- McDonald’s Thanksgiving Parade
ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN WINTERFEST GRAND MARSHAL SHOWBOAT TICKETS ON SOCIAL MEDIA – #53BetterWinterfest
“Fifth Third Better Winterfest” Social Media Promotion
Official Rules and Conditions of Entry
These are the official rules for the “Fifth Third Better Winterfest” promotion (the “Promotion”) hosted on the Facebook® page, Twitter® page, and/or any other social media site of Winterfest Inc.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PARTICIPATE OR WIN. MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
ENTRANTS MUST HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET AND, IF APPLICABLE, A PUBLIC SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT WITH THE PLATFORM ON WHICH THE PROMOTION IS RUN (E.G., TWITTER® OR FACEBOOK®) AS OF THE COMMENCMENT OF THE PROMOTION PERIOD AND MAY BE REQUIRED TO BE A FAN OF WINTERFEST’S FACEBOOK® PAGE, OR MAY BE REQURIED TO BE A FOLLOWER OF WINTERFEST ON TWITTER® TO ENTER THE PROMOTION.
1. PROMOTION ENTRY PERIOD. The Promotion will begin on or about November 27, 2017 and end on or about December 2, 2017 as described in the applicable Facebook® post and/or Tweet (the “Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotions are open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 21 years old as of the date of entry. Entrants must have access to the internet and a public social media account on the applicable social media platform and may be required to be a fan of Winterfest’s Facebook® page and/or be a follower of Winterfest on Twitter® during the Promotion Period to be eligible to enter the Promotion. The Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES. By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of Fifth Third and Winterfest (including with respect to the selection of entrants to be included in the Promotion and the interpretation of these Official Rules), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
4. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Promotion, use #53BetterWinterfest on Facebook or Twitter during the Promotion Period. Only those entries actually received during the applicable Promotion Period will be eligible to participate in the Promotion. All times are measured by Winterfest’s clock. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt; screen shots or confirming e-mails will not be accepted as proof of receipt. All entries become the property of Winterfest and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrant is providing all entry information to Winterfest, and not to Twitter®, Facebook® or any other social media account used in connection with any Promotion. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible.
5. ENTRY CONTENT RESTRICTIONS. With respect to any materials or content submitted as part of your entry, such entry materials may not (a) contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement; (b) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (c) contain any unacceptable clothing or adornments; (d) contain indecent behavior, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity or pornography, or contain anything inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous; (e) reference persons or organizations without their written permission; (f) disparage persons or organizations associated with Winterfest; (g) include threats to any person, place, business or group; or (h) violate any applicable federal, state or local laws and regulations. Any entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Winterfest’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. By submitting the entry materials, entrant warrants and represents that all persons appearing in any entry materials have consented to (a) their inclusion in such entry materials, (b)
the entry being submitted into the Promotion, and (c) Winterfest’s use of the entry as provided in these Official Rules. Each entrant further warrants and represents that the entrant has the legal right and authority to submit the entry and agrees to indemnify the Released Parties for any breach or alleged breach of any representation or warranty by the entrant herein. Any entry that fails to comply with and adhere to each and every term and condition set forth herein will be disqualified and deemed ineligible for participation in the Promotion. Winterfest is under no obligation to use or exhibit any entry material in any manner.
6. SELECTION. One Winner will be selected via random drawing by Winterfest from all eligible entries. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON / PER SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT. The odds of being selected for inclusion in the Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each Prize Winner’s agreement and consent that Fifth Third, Winterfest and their designees may use the Prize Winner’s name, social media account name/Twitter®/Facebook® handle and associated photograph, city, state, likeness, entry and or prize information in connection with the Promotions for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration except where prohibited by law. If the winning entry includes the name, likeness or other intellectual property of a third party, then Winterfest may require, as a condition to receiving the applicable prize, the Prize Winner to obtain written evidence from such third party that Fifth Third and Winterfest have the right to use such third party’s name, social media account name/Twitter®/ Facebook® handle and associated photograph, city, state, likeness, entry and or prize information in connection with the Promotions for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration except where prohibited by law.
8. PRIZE DETAILS. Winner will receive (4) Tickets to Ride on the Winterfest Grand Marshal Showboat on December 9, 2017. Estimated Retail Value of all prizes is $1,200 ($300/ticket).
9. PRIZE CONDITIONS. Winterfest reserves the right to modify, suspend, extend or cancel the Promotion (with or without notice) at any time in Winterfest’s sole discretion, and may, but is not required to, substitute another Promotion in its place. Winterfest further reserves the right to amend or change these Official Rules at any time, in Winterfest’s sole discretion.
10. RELEASE OF LIABILITY. By entering any Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges Fifth Third, Winterfest and any other party associated with the development or administration of the Promotion (including any social media platform on which the Promotion is administered or promoted), their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation any and all claims, costs, injuries, losses, damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”).
11. DISCLAIMERS. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Fifth Third or Winterfest’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the social media account submitted at the time of entry. Winterfest, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of any social media account or web site in connection with the Promotion. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Winterfest. Fifth Third and Winterfest further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or
technical failures of any sort. The Released Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of the Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel the Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. THE RELEASED ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THE PROMOTION. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WINTERFEST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of North Carolina. All disputes arising out of or connected with the Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. Should there be a conflict between the laws of North Carolina and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the North Carolina. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in the Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
THE PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM OR ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE TWITTER, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM AND ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM FROM ANY POTENTIAL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, AND YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO WINTERFEST AND NOT TO TWITTER, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM OR ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM