WINTERFEST PICK YOUR FAVORITE DECORATIONS CONTEST
(aka “People’s Choice Contest”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE, LIKING SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Photos can be found on the Winterfest App, Winterfestparade.com, WooBox.com and on our Social Media.
1. Eligibility: Contest is open only to legal residents of Florida who are at least nineteen (19) years old at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate or win prizes: employees, agents, immediate families (spouses, children, household members) of Winterfest, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, iHeart Media, Southwest Airlines Co. (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), South Florida Ford, Broward Palm Beaches and St. Lucie Realtors® their divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising or promotion agencies, printers and suppliers, judging or fulfillment organizations, or auditing or legal firms involved with this promotion, or any family member of, or any person residing in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories.
2. No person who has won any prize in any prior WINTERFEST® (People’s Choice) AWARDS is eligible to win any prize in this 2020 Contest. Winners will be required to show proof of eligibility.
3. The Contest (“Sweepstakes”) is subject to all applicable state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Sponsor: Winterfest® Inc. 512 Northeast 3rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301. Southwest Airlines Co. is not a sponsor, co-sponsor or administrator of this Sweepstakes.
5. Timing: The Contest (“Sweepstakes”). begins on November 28, 2020 at 11:59 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on January 5, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. Winner may not substitute or transfer all or any portion of any prize.
6. How to Enter Your Photo(s): During the Promotion Period, you may enter the Contest “Sweepstakes” via one of the following methods:
(a) Find the direct link / QR Code in the Winterfest® Brochure or Newsletter and enter.
(b) From the Winterfestparade.com website: Click on the Contest tab. You will then be directed to the WINTERFEST DECORATING CONTEST entry page at: https://winterfestparade.com/winterfest-decorating-contest
(c) Request a registration form from firstname.lastname@example.org
Upload a photo of a decorated home, boat, balcony, tree, dock, business, etc. Participants will be able to upload their photos starting November 14, 2020. There will be rolling submissions until the contest ends January 5, 2021. Voting will start on November 28, 2020.
7. Prizes and Voting:
(a) Prizes for the photo with the most votes in noted categories:
- The photo with the most votes in the noted categories will receive a Bloomers Frose Basket valued at $500.00
- Odds of winning depend on number of eligible photo entries received.
(b) Prizes awarded by Winterfest supporters:
- Photo(s) with extreme decorations will receive the Griswold Award selected by a representative of the Broward, Palm Beaches, St. Lucie Realtor®.
- One extreme decorator will receive Winterfest 2021 Tickets to a selected Winterfest 2021 event. The winner will be selected by a representative of South Florida Ford.
(c) Voting will begin on November 28, 2020 to January 5, 2020. Voting is restricted to:
- Limit: Each person may vote one (1) time ONLY on a photo during a 24-hour period of time during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Email address, social media handle or phone number must be linked to one vote per 24-hours during the Promotion Period.
- Participants (voters) must be 19 years and older to be able to vote.
- Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Odds of winning depend on number of eligible photo entries received.
(d) One (1) Random Voter will receive:
- Roundtrip air travel for winner and one (1) guest on Southwest Airlines® (subject to Air Travel Restrictions set forth below) ($800 value)
8. Participants (photo submitters and voters) who enter/vote via web-enabled device may be charged according to their carriers’ data rate; entrants should contact their carriers for pricing details. Data plans may not be available through all wireless carriers or phones.
Expenses not set forth above are the responsibility of the winner. No substitutions; cash equivalents; or transfers of prize will be permitted; except at the option and sole discretion of the Sponsor.
9. Air Travel Restrictions for the Prize for one lucky random voter:
All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above; including but not limited to; meals; personal charges; security fees; taxes; gratuities or other expenses or incidentals are the responsibility solely of winner. Winner and travel companion must travel at the same time and must depart from the same city. Travel arrangements must be made upon acceptance of prize; at the discretion of the Sponsor and are subject to availability. Sponsor may substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Limit one prize per household.
Air travel is subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply. Round trip travel for two (2) on Southwest Airlines will be awarded in the form of four (4) Southwest flight e-passes. Each Southwest flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel on Southwest Airlines-operated, published, scheduled service. The Southwest flight e-pass will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date. The Southwest flight e-pass is not valid on interline or codeshare service. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-refundable and is not redeemable for cash or credit. The Southwest flight e-pass will not be replaced for any reason, including, without limitation, if lost, stolen, or fraudulently used. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-transferrable and cannot be sold to a third party. Sale, auction, or re-tendering of the Southwest flight e-pass for money or otherwise is strictly prohibited. The Southwest flight e-pass may not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved by Southwest Airlines. Any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, misuse, abuse or violation of the Southwest flight e-pass rules and regulations may result in cancellation of the Southwest flight e-pass(es). Southwest flight e-pass holders are required to be nineteen (19) years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident. However, the recipient of a Southwest flight e-pass may arrange travel for another person if done without selling or bartering a Southwest flight e-pass. Air transportation by Southwest Airlines is subject to Southwest Airlines’ Passenger Contract of Carriage set out at www.southwest.com/contractofcarriage. If the winner does not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines, he/she is responsible for transportation to and from the nearest airport served by Southwest Airlines. Winner is responsible for booking all travel and paying all applicable international taxes and fees. Travel is based on seat availability. Seats on any desired flight are not guaranteed. Winner and guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Winner and guest must have valid government-issued photo identification at the time of travel. If the travel guest is a minor, winner must be his/her parent/guardian, or be accompanied by his/her parent/guardian. International air travel does not include taxes and fees of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
10. Winners: The random voter will be picked in a drawing. Winners of the photo submissions are based on the most votes in select categories. A person that submits a photo is also eligible to vote in this contest but it is not required.
The lucky voter and the photo submitter(s) will be notified by the email or phone number provided as part of his/her Contest “Sweepstakes” registration page. Email and phone number must be valid, or potential winner may be disqualified at Sponsors sole discretion. Within two (2) days after being notified, the potential winner will be required to submit proof of residency and that they are over 19 years of age in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to submit the complete contact information (full name, address, phone number) within the required time period (if applicable), the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded.
11. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Contest (“Sweepstakes”) Entities, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest (“Sweepstakes”) or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
12. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest (“Sweepstakes”) constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
13. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute all or any portion of any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All determinations shall be made by Sponsor and its decisions are final and binding with respects to all aspects of this Contest (“Sweepstakes”).
14. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest (“Sweepstakes”); (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest (“Sweepstakes”).; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest (“Sweepstakes”). or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest (“Sweepstakes”). or receipt of use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Contest (“Sweepstakes”)., or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
15. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest (“Sweepstakes”). or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Broward County Court located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest (“Sweepstakes”)., but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest (“Sweepstakes”)., shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
Each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the prize described in Sections 7 and 9 above for air travel provided by Southwest Airlines or the use thereof shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas and (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including associated with entering this Contest (“Sweepstakes”) but in no event attorneys’ fees. THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY DISPUTE FOR AIR TRAVEL PROVIDED BY SOUTHWEST AIRLINES OR THE USE THEREOF SHALL BE IN THE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS LOCATED IN DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS.
17. Winner List: For a winner list, visit www.winterfestparade.com. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete. To receive a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with specific written request, to: Winterfest®, Inc.,
Attn: WINTERFEST PICK YOUR FAVORITE DECORATIONS CONTEST, 512 N.E. 3rd Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301. All such requests must be received by Winterfest® on or before January 12, 2021.
Southwest Airlines Co. is not an administrator of this Sweepstakes.